Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday V!

You must know that I am doing this on behalf of V's birthday. Because I assume this would be what she expects from me most. (I will ignore the fact that she actually REQUESTED it)

Well actually I gave the idea. Much less messy than posting Nasi Kerabu to Klang.

So Happy Birthday my dear girl. 19! Wowee. It's not much different from 20 really, I mean you aren't even the rebellious type so that's no fun. *hides snort* But then again you're awesome darling, that goes without saying. As far as pigs can fly (no, I'm kidding), you're the best internet buddy EVER and my greatest wish is to see you happily ever after with a certain figure oozing military macho-ness by your side. Or rub asses with Sigur Ros. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best in life *pats head*

I shall now attempt to menghiburkan you with what's been happening in my dear life tersorok in Kelantan. Do you want me to be optimistically disgusting or serve you the ugly truth on a silver plate?

*dumps 3-in-1 serbuk milo in mouth*

...*wipes mouth with the back of hand*

It sucks. It's as dead as a tikus tepi jalan. It's all pretty and such but really, for someone as vociferous as I am, (for those who knows me personally they nod their heads. See I told you so.) I'm practically suffocating in all this green serenity. Me! Complaining about the abundance of greenery and calmness and yada yada yada. It's all pretty at first but when it starts dawning on me that things aren't gonna get better or, 'livelier' during the weekends, I practically burst.

I shall not even touch on the people here. ( Medical + Dental + Allied Health Science = Let's just eat sleep poop and study for the next 5 years friends )

I'm just hanging on to a gnarly string of hope; to finish this off and get out of here. And get married to Arif of course.

But yeah, I guess when you're alone in a different place it gives you time to think so that's makes up for all the ishty business I have to go through.

Moving on, Arif's been a complete love to me. The obsessive hopeless jiwang he is, his world revolves around me. Which is unhealthy. Which, made me told him so.
What would you do if your partner is just the exact opposite of who you are? Isn't compatibility one of the important factors that builds a relationship?
And sometimes I have to wonder; why am I even complaining? I wanted him in the first place but...he's a boy V, a BOY. Sigh.

My mood has turned into a complete permanant waste-paper basket since being here. Amidst all the glamour of being in an APEX university, my life is as mundane as a rock.

It's more than culture shock when you see your room-mate waking at 1 am to study right till the next morning and go straight to school. I mean, what the hell? Don't they have a LIFE?! The ultimate entertainment here? The bowling alley in KB Mall or PCB- Pantai Cahaya Bulan.

I'm ranting too much; it's frustrating when you can't find anyone that's even near half a kepala as you are, it sucks even more when they label you as the 'Singaporean' and treat you like a musuem artefact, complete with pongos and feathery head- gears.

Sorry, I've never really told anyone how I felt. I needed that. And I haven't even expressed with profanity here; I'm being a good girl.

DESPITE that, (hehe) I LOVE my new home. V, you HAVE to come over one day. We've decided to christen it *clears throat*.. 'Anjung Kao Chap Kao' which is Anjung 99. Kao Chap Kao is 99 in hokkien and fits perfectly since Klang's major chinese community speaks Hokkien. The irony of it is our neighbour (I wonder if you know Louisa; from church maybe?) well yeah, she's our neighbour and her house is a mini-church. You'd put the cross sign on the roof and I'd be expecting people to come for mass every Sunday. Whereas our house next to it is like, the ultimate kampung/colonial getaway. Complete with atap nipah and a patio made from wood,a black and white exterior, a pond and a red gate.

"Haaallelujah" and Kao Chap Kao. I love it.

When does you STPM finish anyway?

I shall now do a meme. From your blog.

P.S: Anyone who's..anyone is welcome to comment on the blog and give me ideas, advice, answers whatsoever in any of my questions. Particularly about Arif. I am virtually, stuck.

3 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

AWWW! Thank you lah woman. I know I requested it (tak malu betul)but you're right, we'll ignore that bit.

Nah I'm a coward lah. I don't do adolescent rebellion (not in the traditional sense). I prefer to imagine that my acts of kerebelliousan are way more subtle and sophisticated). And I would LOVE rubbing asses with my favourite Icelandic hermits!

Aaah Kelantan. Honestly, I don't blame you; I'm an intorevert myself but the peacefulness of a really alam semulajadi place can give me stifling creeps after a while. Even I need liveliness at times.

Marry Arif? Woah so you guys memang hardcore serious with this la...And yes I did notice by the facebook comments, and sometimes it just gets a bit much. And you're right it is somewhat unhealthy, but the guy obviously loves you. And absolutely, compatibility is crucial. Forget all the bull hockey about opposites atrracts semua..when you're old and tired all you want is someone who is going to be on the same wavelenght as you. On the other hand, having someone different may widen your horizons, make you try things you otherwise would never do, blah blah. So a balance would be good. (Yeah I'm a diplomat)

And I adore reading your rants, kay? You make me laugh my backside off (but I also symphatize wei, no doubt). BAHAHA museum artefact. You make Kelnataners sound like a different ribe of Malaysian or something. That bad wei?

And no, I tak tahu Loiusa la - me being intorvert and all, I probably walked past her a million times without making eye contacts though. And your house sounds ADORABELL! Macam itu vacation house tau. Like in Sex And The City. In The City. I never know. They're always having sex, itu I tahu la.

Kao Chap Kao. Classic giler. And aku punya exam over on December 10 wei. Lama lagi.
I shall now go read your meme.
Btw is it pronounced "meeem" or"meh-meh"?

HannahLah said...

Well honey, I actually admire your lack of kerebelliousan. I'm jealous of it. I wish I never went through it.
But oh well, no point fretting over stuff that happened yeeearrs ago.

Me and Arif mmg hardcore wei. My family practically wants me to marry him already. Lol. No I'm kidding. But it's green light all the way and right this instant he's already helping in the family business when I'm here in Kelantan.
Arif can be a tad obsessive. OK who am I kidding. He IS obsessive. He breathes, eats, lives for me. You won't be surprised that I get a bit rimas with all this attention overload. But he's lovely...

Susah pulak being in a relationship now. There are some things about him that I just don't like or don't accept but at the same time I don't want to be rude to him and reject him as he is. Not fair for him pulak kan. We're finding our balance point now. Wish me luck. Sigh.

And lets just say the kelantanese can be a bit aggresive in their own silent way. Especially when it comes to religion of course. But still scary.

So long ah your exam.

I think it's 'meem'. That's how I pronouce it. 'meh-meh' would be too...well I can't imagine the Americans or British saying it.

bloody awful poetry said...

Is that bad though? Not being rebellious? Maybe I'm a late bloomer. I'll be in that phase when I'm 35, guaranteed. I'll just wake up one morning and be all "ALAMAK I totally missed out!" and then I'll run out and get piercings and dye my hair blue and call my mom just to gaduh with her.

Woah okay that is hardcore. I mean, his facebook status things make ME a bit nervous so I can imagine sikit how you'd feel.
All that you are my life my queen i can't smile breathe without you etc. And yes GOOD LUCK with finding that balance point. You're right, you can't reject him because there ae bits and pieces that you don't quite like, so unless they're serious flaws that need rectification there's nothing much you can do kan?

Yes wei, my exam so long. Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia lah tu. They letak one exam on one day and then it's 5 years later before the next one starts. *scowls*

"Meem" eh? Tak tau la, I quite like saying "meh-meh" and imagining all the Mat Sallehs cakaping it like that. Or else it could be "mee-mee". Cause all memes are all about Me.