Monday, January 21, 2008

A Demon Alright.

What's beside my pillow: Don't Be Sad - 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni
A copy of Cleo 2005 Godknowswhen issue.

Nah, I'm not sad. Nor can I read Arabic. It's the translated version. Lol. Its just a book my mom got from Mecca and it's pretty good. Makes perfect sense about life and it's not a book just for muslims, it's for anyone who wants to achieve happiness and self-contentment in life. Letting go, because there's so many things other than being as-what-you-thought highly 'unfortunate' and having a crummy pissed-off attitude. It's not excessively full of that psychological nonsence like certain self-help books. It's got quotes and saying by muslims and non-muslims alike. For example:

"Do not be sad: overlook the action of others."

It's as easy as that isn't it.

Anyway I've watched 'Sweeny Todd: The Demon's Barber of Fleet Street.' I mean, of course I would, I'm an avid fan of musicals and c'mon, do NOT tell me Johnny Depp didn't catch your attention. However....a note to the faint-hearted: DON'T watch this unless you bask in the pleasures of watching Mr.T cut throats and witnessing torrents of blood shooting out like the fountains of KLCC. No, worse than that.
It's pretty sick, honestly. I was cowering on my seat; not sitting on the edge of it *hah!*. Caught the 11am show with my sis last Sunday and we reckon there won't be a crowd and there wasn't. I wish there were though, I wouldn't be the only one making loud 'EEEEEEEEEWWW's' , 'OuuuuuuMaaaaaaiiiiGaaaaawd THAT'S DIS-GUS-TING!' ,'Shit shit shit He's gonna do IT..... UUURGH!' and *GASP's!*

LOL. Apparently that's the part of 'musicals' I wasn't exposed to. I mean, I've seen and been to loadsa happy ones and maybe the occasional sad lower notes but not... Gruesome, gory.. inhumane.....urgh. Not everything you do makes you wanna burst in a random happy song, I've learned that from Mr. Sweeny Todd himself. *nods head*

I'll watch Edward Scissorshands anytime of the day, week, month, year, whatever.

Contrary to that, the show was perfect. Overwhelming, yes but it's a genius's work! The costumes, music, make-up, singing, the whole damn storyline was 'FUH' I tell you. Greatness. Johnny Depp IS the greatest actor of his generation! Best Picture (Musical or Comedy) from the Golden Globe Awards, don't miss it. So please do watch it if you can tahan that sorta thing. If you can't then you won't be able to appreciate it cuz it's gonna scare the shit outta you and you'd be busy pissing in your pants you can't quite able give it a rating. I'm like, on the line. And I'd like to read the book.

I like Helena Bonham Carter. And the Toby character. And the last shot of the movie, it totally gives you that whole eerie effect like 'vengeance..revenge at last!' yet 'awww' sad romantic sorta thing. Puurrrfect. Love it love it love it.

Snape and Peter Pettigrew's in it too! BAHAHAHa!

But I can't watch it anymore, no. *shudder*

I'll stick to Hairspray, Fame, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Stomp.... I do want to watch 'Across the Universe' though. I heard it's gooood. Anybody ada itu DVD?

So the cheerleading's running on track, we've got a few pretty good moves. We practice in this cheerleader's house at night. Met Shah, nice dude. Wei Li came over to help too. HAHA. It was fun trying to overtake each other. I love making weird faces at her when I kat depan. Let the Volvo seep thru honeyh!

I'm SUCHA bad driver though I'm still surprised I haven't got a ticket. It's so wrong. It's like reversing Mona Fendi's death penalty. Even though she's dead already. *Shrugs*

Oh but it IS lovely to take a drive out early in the morning though. Sunday morning. Just don't pass Eng Ann market. Tak ke manalah you, satu hari tercegat tunggu orang reverse kereta.

Check out www.sweenytoddmovie.com.

3 comments:

bloody awful poetry said...

woman,in my opinion Johnny Depp is the only satu satunye actor dalam hollywood who deserves to be called a genius. The man is a genius,no question,and he makes everything around him genius as well. And Helena Bonham Carter!Lyuuurve her!

Gosh,i cry buckets everytime i watch edward scissorhands.

bloody awful poetry said...

i haven't seen across the universe yet, but even OPRAH says its stunning,so its a definite must watch!

HannahLah said...

i SO agree. Ve must tengok itu mu-si-kal!

edward's fans ferrr life!!