Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Havoc on San's 19th....

What's beside my pillow: Yesterday's STAR publications

So it has been quite a week.

Condolences to Sidhartaan's family. Their 10 year old only boy died in a car accident in India
with his aunt. My mum's tuition student. 'Naughty' would be the perfect word to describe him, but you know....DAMN we just don't know when we're gonna go do we? It's so ironic how one's face lingers in ones mind once they're not here anymore. I can't get his huge teeth, big smile, thick glasses on a small head out of my mind. It's crazy. I can't quite know how to face his mum either, (she used to send me to school when I was in Convent back then) or his sisters which I had particularly gotten fond off. They're the happy family kind you know.

And condolences to Janice and her family. I never knew auntie was sick. Mum's friend who sends me off to school when I started Convent before they migrated to NZ. God. God God God.

And my prayers are always with Sheenee's mum. We all hope the cancer goes off away and alhamdullilah, it did. It came back. But insya-Allah, with all our doa's and prayers with her, and if God permits it, she'll be with us for as long as we hope.

So many deaths, it's waaay too much for me to handle. Right before my parents went off to their hajj in the airport itself, my mum got the news that her friend, ex-boyfriend to be exact, passed away. Uncle Nabil, a chinese convert who left Sgp and brought his whole family to New Zealand. It's like this whole wave of depression swept over my mind. They're all leaving. Young and Old. You never know.

Tells us that we've to live life to the fullest kan. Yet also that God can take it anytime He wants. Que is, when He does, are we ready to face Him, the Exalted?

I'll be honest with you. I'm not afraid to die. I know I'm not supposed to anyway and maybe it's because of my being adamant in believing what's right in Islam. In my religion there is nothing you should be afraid of, nothing you should fear of except Allah s.w.t. The thought of dying is....still neutral, still bland, not very vague though, if you know what I mean (which you don't). Like it's nothing. But I know I should. Because I'm not there there yet you know. Yes, I pray, yes I do read the Quran. Is it enough for a one way ticket to Syurga Firdaus, though? I haven't taken to donning the hijab yet, or better known as tudung. I don't drink. I've repented in things I shouldn't have done but are my repentance enough?

So very the many things to think of. Safe enough for me to say with confidence, my mind never stops thinking, cept when I'm asleep of course. Lol. Sigh...am I ready..am I ready...

But anyway, lets leave the inevitable behind for awhile and re-cap back on my week. It's pretty good despite the deaths. I mean, deaths happen everyday right and if we dwell on it we'd be on our toes in what we do every nano-second of the day and heck, that's mindjigglingboggling enough.

It was beloved SAN'S birthday last thurs (which was also our maal Hijrah 1429) so I wished her after maghrib on Wed which means it's our new year already which means it's already San's birthday :D. We gave her surprise; we, comprising of me, Shahman and Wei Li.

It's my first meeting Wei Li btw, she's a real darling I tell you. Sooooo nice. Like San said, If we were guys we'd fall in love with her already. HAHAHAHA. I swear only girls from girl's school think of stuff like this. It's crazy. And it scares Wei Li nuts off her boo boo. :P Don't you find it annoying? Haha. When I first came to convent I'll tell yuh the first week was absolutely hell for me. I though there were lesboz everywhere. Fortunately for me lah, they're just wired that way. To be extravagantly blunt in their thoughts and actions. And I ..well...'reinforced' my thoughts and actions too I suppose. :P

Well ANYWAY, (see, I got caught off guard again NOT saying what I was suppose to say), I sorta planned her 'surprise' in the last min. It was 3.30, probably, and Shahman was online so blah blah blah, told him to come over, dragged Wei Li along. I left the house at 6 cuz I had to mandi and parents were back with the car by then and picked Shahman up at Raja Mahadi and there was this whole commotion of that arse being late and me not having credit and having to patah balik to the shops and getting lost halfway and when we FINALLY picked Wei Li up at her hse cuz she was mandi-ing or whatever, Shahman DELIBERATELY tried to get me lost because they showed me another way back to Jusco. I mean SERIOUSLY ppl, right while pointing left? I know you don't get me but I was screeching all the way back. And someone took my parking space. MY parking space at the taxi stand beside Jusco. MINE I tell you! *that ass monkey idiot effer*

Then we had to park belakang which is sooo very the far away and as usual as we were walking I noticed that the......the fella *sputters* that took MY parking space just decided to go off at the particular moment. Dum dums, I swear these ppl are trying to get on my damn nerves. And this happened twice ok. It's blahdy irritating lah.

So we rushed in with the huge recipe book skali and went running in all directions looking for stuff. And by the Greatness of LORD, they don't hv sodium bicarbonate!! Would you ever believe that?! Jusco?! TOP-UP lah aiyoooh!

So we had to drop by 99 and luckily ada. Rushed back and sembahyang cuz it was maghrib and prayed that Wei Li and Shahman have yet to burn my kitchen into blazes.

They haven't.

Oh we stole some balloons from Jusco while we're at it.
It was pretty fun, the whole thing. The squishing (Me, with fingers :D), yelling (all of us), multiplying (Shahman), measuring (Wei Li), sitting looking dumb (Shahman), egging (Wei Li), tasting (ME), coughing, sneezing (Iman), battering (Me and my sis. Couldn't resist. It was SO good), baking (me), icing (Wei Li), decorating (all of us). We added peanut M&M's in the batter. And decorated the cake with it. Damn sedap lah I tell you. The cake looks colourful. And lovely.

The panicking.....(Shahman). Yeah well...he didn't know nuts bout baking. He thought the batter looked like diarrhoea-ed poo that smells like eggs and functions as a batter. Tsk.

the melting chocolating (Wei Li)....

The mixing (Shahman, me. We took turns cuz he was such a sissy at handling the mixer)...



The finished product! All smiles and happy happy, yeah yeah.

19 years old but still kebudak-budakan at heart.

By the time we finished everything to admire our work, the icing just started to DROOP dammit, so we had to freeze it for awhile. Shahman and Wei Li gagged at Iman play 'Phantom of The Opera' on the piano and the dude resolved to marry my sister. Which is wrong cuz I'm his mother.

It's complicated, the whole thing.

So I changed and by the time we got out of the house it was 10.30. We took the balloons and Wei Li held the cake in front so it's near the air-cond. Stopped by 7/11 to get a lighter cuz everyone in my house is too daft to need a lighter or matchbox for some unknown reason. Tsk.

Reached her hse at 11 cuz the ENGINE STOPPED right in the middle of a freaking bulatan! And Shahman laughed all the way cuz girls do make cars stopped yes, but only freaking manual cars and I must be something to be able to stop an AUTO car. Something must be wrong, yes yes I know but not for a nanosecond did it ever occur to me that the minyak habis.*DUH HANNAH, DUUUUH!!!* Some kinda driver I must be right. *snort*
So, compose yourself. I started the engine and thought everything should be ok already lah. Parked under some tree to hide and we huddled beside a bush to light up the candles. Called San out and YAY! We surprised her with the huge bunch oF yellow balloons and homemade chocolate M&M cake, singing the 'Happy Birthday to yooooooooooooooooooooou' song.

She one dungu, cut the cake beside the road there itself and we suaped her with it. HAHA.

We decided to go mamak and omg, it was one of the most memorable mamak I've ever had in my entire gorgeous life. I've never laughed so much. Ok, maybe not as much as the time in Berkeley Corner where San spat ice on my nose, which FREAKING HURTS btw. But funny. Mcm nak..apetuh..pecah perut. Lol.

But it was good. We crapped ourselves silly and I told Wei Li bout the train incident. She was bumused! No kidding, who wouldn't be! *stares directly at San and Shahman. These two asses*

Went back to San's hse to send the cake and then hantar-ed Shahman and Wei Li balik. And while we were...well, screeching, literally, to Maroon 5's 'Won't Go Home Without You', the car stopped. Again. But no Hannah, noo...the car couldn't possibly have ran out of minyak right, cuz ur just too damn PANDAI to know anything about mobiles right. I shouldn't hv been behind the wheel I tell you, it was just SO WRONG.

Shahman then showed us the way back with his motor (I felt like running over him I tell you. It was just an impulse sorta thing cuz he kept looking back and I kept yelling "HOT ASS!" out of my window). San came home with me and we lepak-ed till what, 2 or 3 in the morning. Till her sis pick her up.

Ho hum. It was all a very interesting night, with the car stopping in the middle of nowhere..the nonsensicals crap shyt during the mamak session...meeting Wei Li.....the baking hooohaa....the balloons (which got stolen by someone else in the end)..........LOL. We chatted crazy stuff when San was over and I was glad I could make her 19th birthday a memorable one.


SAN!!

Oh yeah, call us if you need any of our baking services :) *splutter splutter*

I'm not kidding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baking,yes.
Driving no.

HannahLah said...

U haven't been in my car YET woman. i'm not half as bad as you think i am you know.

hehe.